Saturday, May 13, 2006

My name is Kevin Rowland I’m the leader of this band…

"So, Kevin, two hit albums for Dexy's Midnight Runners out of the way, what do you think you’ll do this time?"
"Well, I was thinking about ditching most of the band, including the main songwriter, totally changing the look again and alienating a lot of fans by including a joke on the first song that a) isn’t a joke and b) will tell a lot of middle class people that they’re wankers when a) pop start isn’t really a working class profession and b) I’ve made a decent sum from the first two albums thanks to some song writing credits that I’ll subsequently admitted I didn’t deserve."
"Yeah but Kev, even if you don't take out the joke that isn't actually a joke and ignore the obsessively trite political posturing Kevin Rowland's 13th Time is still likely to be the greatest song ever, if only for 15 minutes starting on 20:00 BST on 13th May 2006."
"Excellent. In that case I'll record a bland theme tune to a bland BBC sit-com, disappear for a few years and come back wearing a dress with a covers album and get bottled at Glastonbury."
"I shall look forward to it. It'll give me something to think about whilst watching the end of X Men on ITV."

No comments: