Wednesday, April 12, 2006

And the radio said.

Having taken an extended lunchbreak to watch Star Wars (episode four of course, the one everyone should know as Star Wars unless, like Sky Sports wants them to, they believe that history began in 1992) I started the tidying up of the spare room this afternoon. I put on BBC 6music and began the work. Half way through one of Aretha's Foghorn Leghorn impressions, the power cut. After five minutes of dalliance (ho ho ho) it returned to much relief (I wasn't sure that the door entry system would work with electricity for a start).
And as it returned the radio played what is currently the best song ever.
I give you the much underrated (have I said that before?) Julian Cope, a man who will often appear on here as long as I don't lose interest in the damned thing.
The song: Eve's Volcano.
I thank you.

No comments: