Monday, April 10, 2006

In case you care

This is a spin-off blog. This is Frazier to my Cheers. My Joni Love Cha Chi (or whatever the git was called) to my Happy Days. I'm sure the point is fairly understandable.
Anyway, I'm testing a pointless opinion on the disposable nature of popular culture. Modern music is fantastic but flexible and fairly forgettable. In salute to Andy Warhol, each song takes its turn at the top of the tree for as long as it sticks in my brain. This is roughly fifteen minutes.
As and when I'm by a computer and such a song radiates my very being I'll put it up here. If anyone reads it and wants to totally rip my choices to pieces, knock yourself out with a telling comment.
Otherwise, move along, there's nothing for you to see here.
Oh, and be aware, because of my restricted cultural experiences (as indeed are most people's) the choice will reflect my white middle classness. Sorry about that. Any choices that stray outside these experiences will inevitably seem awkward or even patronising so I'll try to play it straight, if you see what I mean.
Is the fifteen minutes up yet?

No comments: