Thursday, April 20, 2006

Right, now that nonsense is out of the way (may contain nuts)

No, it's not Please Sir. Or To Sir With Love. Or Don't Stand So Close To Me. Er, running out of teacher related music (thankfully). No, this one is strictly sentimental I'm afraid.
Look, I like the Beatles. And yes, I am aware that each Beatles has a solo output this is, at best, patchy. Expect Maybe I'm Amazed to be the best song ever at song point. and Tug of War. I really liked All Things Must Pass and have kept my vinal copy in quite decent condition. kept the poster, hope to get some money for it one day. And of course I'm sure Ringo did one or two ok things as well.
And then there's John. And, of course, Yoko. And Imagine which is the biggest pile of non-Simon Cowell related shit ever released.
Fact.
And yes, I know he was pretty good at times too.
But the Rock 'n' Roll album? Yeah man, roots, get back to where you once belong (or was that Paul's song) but for fuck's sake admit that you forgot how to right songs and you thought you'd do some covers to keep yourself in Rolls Royces and mansion (no possessions my arse).
But Double Fantasy is important to me because it is a record I associate with my nan. And in old tradition, as one enters the family so another one seeks to leave it. As we have got Ben and consider ourselves blessed, so too are we coming to terms that nan may be about to depart. Well, twenty six years ago she bought a copy of Double Fantasy and I remember listening to some of it as a youngster. The song that is the current best song ever is the one that still sometimes does it for, especially as it reminds me of I'm Only Sleeping, which is a good thing.
So, sleep well tonight. I'll see you in the morning to continue this very strange week for our family. But for now, the best song ever for the next fifteen minutes is:
Watching the Wheels by John Lennon.


Create your own Music List @ HotFreeLayouts!

No comments: