Friday, April 14, 2006

So, this irony thing like, you know? (Dave Eggers fans look away now)

Well, I'm not sure if this is ironic as the definition seems to be shifting around. I'd ask that bloke Eggers but he's turning into a strange beast, especially if anyone read that awful piece on football published in the observer at the start of the month. And if I want advice on writing a novel I'll avoid asking you because yours if such a major disappointment. I mean, I liked that first book AHBWOSG and the short stories are kind of ok (but not AHBWOSG) but the novel sucks the root my good man. Did you even finish writing it? It feels like an attempt to put all the ideas swirling around inside your head for the last thirty years into 120,000 without bothering to check on whether anyone wants to listen or not.
Face it, the best writing you will ever put on paper happens to be the introductions to MacSweeney's.
But irony. You know about that.
Which leads me to my point (cue thunderous applause or tumbleweed delete as appropriate).
For the next fifteen minutes (although maybe all day, I do have pool to play, guiness to drink and three good Star Wars films to watch) the best song ever really is a belter.
If I Should Fall From The Grace Of God (geddit) by The Pogues

Create your own Music List @ HotFreeLayouts!

No comments: